You know what? I totally forgot that there’s only 28 days this month. Which means, two months has already gone this year. How absurd.
Anyway, I’ve gathered the idea of writing about my monthly favourites. These are the lucky things that I’ve chosen for my January to February favourites:
- 1. Flavoured lip balm by It’s Skin (Korean skincare products). I bought this from Urban Outfitters because it’s in the shape of my favourite expensive little sweet dessert, macaron. I’d chosen the pineapple flavour. Well, there were strawberry and green apple flavours too but pineapple just won me over. Why is this my number one favourite of the month? Because I honestly surprised by the result. The first night of using it, I woke up with an absolute moist and soft feeling lips ever. I didn’t expect it to be this good but it really is amazing. I loveee it! Oh, and I always got an admirer, ok not me but my lip balm, whenever I used it in public. They would exclaim “how cute” and ask me where I got it from. £6 from Urban Outfitters.
I found out that there are more flavours from Yesstyle (my favourite Asian online shop, until they sent me the wrong order and made me wait for another two weeks for my right order to arrive, but I guess I still like them). The Holiday Edition: choco and grapefruit flavour. Would love to try both flavours.
- 2. Lancome La Vie Est Belle Illuminating Fragrance Oil. £36 from Selfridges (buy here for £30.60. It’s currently out of stock though, but available to reserve). I love the smell of La Vie Est Belle perfume and this fragrance oil didn’t disappoint me at all. I use this after shower and I must say that my skin actually feels soft and smells glorious. I also like the fact that you can lather it through your hair as well. That moment when you smell expensive after shower:
- 3. Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater. Bought this (along with my macaron lip balm) from Urban Outfitters for £7. Winter is when you need that extra moisturiser for your skin and I feel like this facial spray is the one for my face (I have sensitive skin). I use it before I go to sleep and after I put on my make up. I used to have a bad acne few years ago and I’ve read good reviews about Mario Badescu products. Although back then, I find it hard to buy MB products because they’re imported, and thanks to Urban Outfitters, I get to try my first MB product and I have no regret. I’m tempting to try this acne starter kit.
- 4. YSL Black Opium EDP. I bought the first bottle (30ml) in January last year and only started using it from November last year. I have a habit of using one perfume at a time and throughout last year, I was obsessed with Paco Rabanne Olympea and Gucci Guilty. I received a lot of compliments while using this perfume and I happened to come across a gift set of it when I walked past Boots, during the Boxing Day sale (oh that temptation to shop when you’re not allowed to spend). I was supposedly working at the time but I just had to buy that one box. So I did (mind you, I rarely spent without thinking thrice before buying something). The gift set came with a 50ml EDP, a mascara and an eyeliner. I can’t remember the price exactly, but I think it was around £46-£49.
- 5. Canon lens EF50mm f1.8 STM. I purchased this few weeks ago and it is my current favourite lens to use. In fact, all the pictures in this post were taken with this lens.
- 6. Jumpers with slogan. Been using that “whatever works” way too many times, I should be banned from it. Bought both from H&M.
- 7. Aircraft study. My passion, other than fashion and photography.
Until next time then,