Is That A Skirt Or Pants?

IMG_5204

Can you believe it, spring is going to leave us in less than a month? And it’s Ramadan season for us Muslims again. Ramadan Mubarak to all my Muslim readers!

Anyway, this post takes me back to few weeks ago when I’ve decided to wear this spring-feels set of outfit for an event. You may not agree with me but, any clothing with floral on them would be spring-feels to me. And I don’t usually wear elegant outfits but when I do, it only means for an occasion.

At this time these pictures were taken, my family and I were invited to a gathering that was hosted by our fellow Malaysian friends. As I stepped into the house, I’ve received few compliments on my outfit. Only after they complimented me they asked, “Is that a skirt or pants, though?”

I laughed and showed them that it was indeed a pair of very comfortable pants.

Details;

• Bag from Matalan (which I bought years ago but rarely worn it because I thought it’s too fancy for me. It looks like a dupe of this Burberry bag that is on my current wish-list. Uhh guess I can cross that off my wish-list now?).
  • Palazzo pants from AX Paris (not this year’s range though).
  • Cape top from Yesstyle. It came off a little too long than I’ve expected it to be, but I’m not complaining.
  • Heels from Clarks.
  • Coat from Debenhams.

And last but not least, brick wall makes the best background for OOTD, don’t you think?

Thank you for reading this post.
May you have happy thoughts always,

• captaineverland June 1, 2017 / 5:58 pm

Yes! And thank you, it’s really flowy and just lovely to wear 🙂 x

1. lablondevoyage4 May 29, 2017 / 5:03 pm

Love these pants 😍 Great ootd xx

• captaineverland June 1, 2017 / 5:59 pm

Thank youuu! 🙂 x

2. Isabel May 29, 2017 / 5:43 pm

No way would I have guessed that bag is from Matalan! I need to check out their fashion stuff, I normally go on for their furniture and homewares. I totally agree, floral= spring. 🙂

• captaineverland June 1, 2017 / 6:06 pm

You know what, the bag has no label on but I somehow remember buying it from Matalan. As I’ve mentioned, this was from years ago so forgive me if I’m wrong, huhuu. But Matalan does have nice collections for spring as well! 🙂 x Ain

3. New York Cliche June 1, 2017 / 7:41 pm

I looooooooove bottoms that beg this “skirt or pants” question! I found a pair I love at a thrift store before this became a big trend, I love that it’s so popular now! The floral and sheer nature of these is so perfect for spring, you look great AND comfy!

• captaineverland June 2, 2017 / 3:43 pm

Yes it is and I believe they’re called palazzo pants? Haha. I honestly think anyone could pull it off if they match them with matchable top. Floral and sheer/nude are the perfect theme for spring season. Thank youuu, I was indeed very comfy in this outfit 🙂 x

4. Tqa London June 11, 2017 / 3:37 pm

I am obsessed with palazzo pants. If only I have the body, I’d pair it with a nice blouse or top tucked in. I just love that kind of style. Especially when I saw it on Balmain and D&G palazzo pants paired with their to-die-for baroque silk shirt that I’m DYING to have. Hope this diet and exercises will do something to my body hahaha
    I love the bag, because I have a thing for short handle bags or doctors bag.
    And that top! From yesstyle I remembered I saved a link of a cape top just like you had but shorter I think.
    (http://www.yesstyle.com/en/cobogarden-chiffon-cape-dress-black-one-size/info.html/pid.1043644326) but damn the price hahaha

• captaineverland June 15, 2017 / 5:21 pm

You don’t need to have the body for it, Tqa. Just wear whatever you want! I saw some Balmain palazzo pants and gosh, they’re nice! Aww, just don’t push on it too hard and make sure to eat healthily!
      Short handle bags are troublemakers but they’re always so gorgeous!
      Ooh they do look the same but yours shorter indeed. So many things to purchase, such limited money 🙁 huhu x

5. julie August 7, 2017 / 6:06 pm