August Favourites

Halloo!

I don’t know if anyone has noticed, but I forgot to write up about my July’s favourites. Although I think most of the things I like back in July are mostly things that I like in this month as well.

0bIMG_7931

• I’ve been using this 24K Gold Face Oil by Manuka Doctor since July, and it’s the best decision I’ve made. Well, while I’ve been a fan of Manuka Doctor’s facial oil, I thought this range of 24K gold sounds a bit silly, but boy am I glad that I decided to give it a try! It works on my face like a charm. The speck of gold is very subtle, but the best part is that my skin feels so softΒ after I applied it on my face. The bottle is a bit small for its price, but I definitely see myself buying it again in the future (I should probably stock up now since they’re currently on offer).

0bIMG_7917

• This Dior Sun Couture palette was a present from my good friend 2 years ago. Because I know it’s expensive and I’m scared that I won’t be using it well, I left it unopened and unused for quite a while. Until recently, I’ve been loving blushers and contour palette so I decided to open this little beauty. The only thing that occurred in my mind was that I should have opened it sooner – it’s very pigmented and the whole thing suits my skin colour.

0bIMG_7947.jpg

• I just can’t get enough of the smell of La Vie Est Belle (by Lancome). I am currently using the perfume. Meanwhile, I use the fragrance oil (aw this sold out everywhere now) after shower. I’m not exactly sure how long am I going to be obsessed with the smell, but I have a feeling that I’ll need to buy a new bottle of this perfume again soon.

0bIMG_8529.jpg

• My current music to listen to are mostly byΒ KNKΒ (a K-Pop group). Their songs have been on repeat for the past two months. I’m practically in love with their voices.
  • Their latest comeback; Rain.

cooking adventure.png

• Last but not least, I’m slightly ashamed to admit it, but I’m addicted to this mobile phone game: Cooking Adventure. Though in my defence, it’s actually a stress relief.

Before I forget, Happy Independence Day, Malaysia! I will always miss you.

Thank you for reading!
May you think of happy thoughts always,

1. Franzi August 31, 2017 / 4:11 pm

I looove La Vie Est Belle! I got it for Christmas two years ago and was completely obsessed with it then, and I’m excited to crack it out again now that autumn’s rolling around because I think it’s the perfect perfume for the colder seasons!

Franzi. x // FRANZIZZY

• captaineverland August 31, 2017 / 4:59 pm

Yesss, it’s definitely a perfect perfume for colder seasons. Even now, it’s getting windier and the smell would linger on most of my clothes πŸ™‚

2. lifeasloismay August 31, 2017 / 4:14 pm

The Dior Sun Couture palette looks so cute. I’ve been trying to downsize my makeup as I want to confine the amount I use for travelling but still have good products. This product and style is what I need. I think it’ll be a little out of my price range but I need to keep an eye out for good products like this.
    Lois x

• captaineverland August 31, 2017 / 5:09 pm

Oh, these sort of palettes are really good for travelling. I haven’t really checked how much it’d be and it’s sold out everywhere now, but because of the brand, I figured it’s pretty costly too. I hope you’d find the one that suits you well, as well as affordable enough for you πŸ™‚ x

3. Corinne & Kirsty 🌸 (@corinnekirsty) August 31, 2017 / 4:15 pm

OMG, I truly though it was an actually macarons until I saw the second picture ahah ! The Dior palette looks absolutely stunning! My august fav is… the donut float in my parents pool ahah xx corinne

• captaineverland August 31, 2017 / 5:12 pm

Aha, you’re not the only one who thought it’s macaron! The donut floats area really everyone’s favourite during the summer, haha x Ain

4. theglassofclass August 31, 2017 / 4:36 pm

The macaroon lip balm looks so cute! I feel a strong need to buy it now haha I love the sound of that facial oil but feel like my boyfriend thought I was a complete princess if I said I was putting 24k oil on my face lol Great post!

Julia xx
    theglassofclass.com

• captaineverland August 31, 2017 / 6:09 pm

It is very cute indeed! Haha, it doesn’t look as posh as it sounds though. Just don’t tell him, maybe? Haha. And thank you x

5. Hayley August 31, 2017 / 4:36 pm

omg your pictures are absolute stunners! and I mean the cooking game, I was so addicted to it a few months back so I understand.

• captaineverland August 31, 2017 / 6:10 pm

Aw thank you so much! Omg yes, finally someone who’d understand me. Haha x

• captaineverland September 15, 2017 / 9:45 pm

Thank you. It is actually really amazing! πŸ™‚ x

6. A Love Affair with Beauty September 3, 2017 / 8:09 pm

Ahhh I’ve heard so many good things about Lancome La vie est belle perfume but I still haven’t tried it! Need to get myself down to a perfume store. Love the look of the chocolate lip balm too. Such cute packaging and macarons are the ultimate sweet treat. xx

• captaineverland September 15, 2017 / 9:48 pm

You need to try it on and I bet you’d love it it too! Aha yes, I love macarons so this lip balm is really one of my favourite lip balms ever πŸ™‚ x

7. Steph September 3, 2017 / 8:26 pm

OH wow that door palette is beautiful!!

8. Jennifer (@jenngrieve_) September 3, 2017 / 8:39 pm

The face oil looks amazing! I’m the opposite to you – as soon as something mentions gold or glitter I feel like I have to buy it haha!!

Jennifer | jennifergrieve.com

• captaineverland September 15, 2017 / 9:49 pm

Oh, haha! Then you definitely have to try that facial oil. I promise you won’t be disappointed πŸ™‚ x