How Confident are You with What You Wear?

“You look like a princess”.
“You look like a fairy princess.”

So these captions were said to me when I wore this dress.

IMG_6686.jpg
(And deep deep down in my heart, I did feel like a princess in it)

I haven’t so often mentioned that I love dressing up. But I do. Every time there’s an event coming up, I would think of how I’d present myself for it two weeks in prior and sometimes, a month.Β I am insecure of how I look like most of the time, so in all honesty, I don’t prefer to be in the centre of attention. But time after time, what I wear would brings out the certainty in myself.Β I’m far from thinking that I’m attractive, but once in a while, I’d like to think that I’m worth to be complimented.Β When I received compliments on the garments I’ve personally chosen to wear, it’s almost like my confidence beat me before I could doubt myself again. And I like that.

My outfit details:

• Dress by Zalia at Zalora (an online shop that only available in several countries in Asia, Australia and New Zealand). As soon as I saw the beauty on my laptop screen, I knew I had to get it so I asked for a help from my aunt in Malaysia, and it finally got to me through a relative.
  • Silk scarf by Fatin Suhana. Absolutely in love with the material.
  • Bag is from, hold your breath…last year’s Estee Lauder gift set.
  • White heels is from Dorothy Perkins.

How do you feel when people compliment your outfit? I’ve heard that there are actually people who’re burdened by it – as if they don’t deserved such compliments, but really, don’t be too hard on yourself.

By the way, New York Fashion Week has ended while London Fashion Week has officially commenced once again. I’m excited to see this fall season’s collections. I’ve watched Burberry Show last night and I think I love it.

Thank you for reading this post.
May you have happy thoughts always,

P.S My mum took all the pictures in this post πŸ™‚

Share:

1. Lizzie Bee September 17, 2017 / 7:21 pm

Gosh I know exactly what you mean – I plan all of my outfits for events too! Even if it’s just going out shopping with my friends tehe. Personally I love getting complimented on because it shows that someone has noticed that I put effort into my outfit.

I love your outfit! And you do look like a princess! It’s great that your Auntie was able to get it for you.

• captaineverland September 18, 2017 / 8:06 pm

Sameee, even when going out with my friends too! Haha. Exactly right, getting complimented is one of the best feelings we’d get. Thank you hun, I’d always count on my auntie to get me stuff from Malaysia. Hehe. x

2. Corinne & Kirsty πŸ‚ (@corinnekirsty) September 17, 2017 / 7:45 pm

This dress does look amazing and you look like a princess! I am obsessed with sequins and blue dresses! So pretty! I do plan events in advance too! Like what I am gonna wear! xx corinne

• captaineverland September 18, 2017 / 8:09 pm

Awww you, thank youuu! You would have love this dress then! I think most of who like to organise stuff beforehand are the same, haha x

3. onedaydreamawaycom September 17, 2017 / 7:55 pm

This dress and whole outfit looks stunning! Don’t doubt yourself you look amazing.

• captaineverland September 18, 2017 / 8:10 pm

Aww thank you so much! The dress is really stunning indeed πŸ™‚ x

4. Eva September 17, 2017 / 7:55 pm

Omg thats sooooo lovely that people said those things to you! It’s true you do look like a princess! I love this line: ‘When I received compliments on the garments I’ve personally chosen to wear, it’s almost like my confidence beat me before I could doubt myself again. And I like that.’ I completely get what you mean. You look sooooo lovely hun! x

whatevawears.co.uk

• captaineverland September 18, 2017 / 8:13 pm

Aww sooooo lovely of you to say so too! Hehe. I guess I just need to have more confidence in myself regardless of getting compliments or not, but thank you so much! πŸ™‚ x

5. simplykhloe September 17, 2017 / 8:54 pm

You look wonderful, and your outfit is simply beautiful! So relatable because I for one most certainly plan outfits weeks in advance also! xx

• captaineverland September 18, 2017 / 8:16 pm

Thank you so much, lovely! We just want to perfect things up, nothing’s wrong with that right? πŸ˜‰ x

6. jennyinneverland September 19, 2017 / 10:45 am

I’ve never really been into fashion – I went through a HUGE Grunger/emo phase in my teens and just wore whatever I wanted (which was usually hideous) and although I’m thankfully WELL out of that phase now, I still just wear what I want and don’t follow any trends. I don’t plan outfits too much either; I just generally like to be comfortable but look as nice as possible without sabotaging comfort haha! xx