The Best Birthday Present!

On the 25th of last month, I turned 27. Blimey, am I really 27 years old now (it’s still hard to believe, the fact that I’m now in my late twenties)? It’s just hard to believe how time flies so quickly. I’ve lost count to how many times when I thought, “if only I could stop the time right now”. Because how I wish I could.

Anyway, this year’s birthday present turned out to be the best present I’ve ever gotten. My grandfather came to visit me (well, the family) all the way from Malaysia!

20170925_182820.jpg

IMG_9624 copyIMG_9656 copy

Their flight was delayed. They were scheduled to arrive at 4.35 p.m. but they landed at 5.51 p.m.

At the time they came out through this door, it was almost 7 p.m. But time was the last thing on my mind then, I was just so excited when I saw my Tok Wan and Tok Pah!

IMG_9670 copy

I’ve missed you, Tok Wan.

As I’m writing this, I realised that tomorrow will be the second and last weekend with them. We are left with only few days with them now. Yet again, how fast time flies.

IMG_9904 copy
My siblings got me this blazer that I’ve been wanting to get – I absolutely can’t wait to start wearing it! They also bought me few bars of Cadbury Dairy Milk Wholenut chocolate (they know how obsessed I am with it). Mum also got me this beautiful furry handbag (only from Primark), that I might have not so subtly mentioned to her that I wanted to get.

I love my family.

Thank you for reading this post.
May you have happy thoughts always,

P.S I think WordPress has been reducing the quality of my pictures lately. I wonder if it’s just me that’s been having this issue. Do my pictures look gritty or pixelated to you?

1. mclusblog October 6, 2017 / 7:14 pm

Awweee how sweet I hope they manage to visit more often and that u enjoy your last weekend with them ❤️❤️❤️

• captaineverland October 6, 2017 / 8:06 pm

How I wish Malaysia is just few miles away, huhu, but thank you! 🙂 x

2. pinkiebag October 6, 2017 / 7:15 pm

What a wonderful birthday present to see your grandfather I love the fury handbag by the way.

• captaineverland October 6, 2017 / 8:07 pm

Yes, I am so grateful! Thank you, it’s a gorgeous handbag definitely <3

3. Jordanne | Thelifeofaglasgowgirl October 6, 2017 / 7:22 pm

Oh it sounds like such wonderful time! Your pictures are just so lovely. The blazer is beautiful, such a great statement piece. Its so nice your grandfather came to see you, it must have been such a wonderful surprise.

Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

• captaineverland October 6, 2017 / 8:12 pm

It wasn’t as much as a surprise since we were informed beforehand, but I was counting for the day, definitely. And yes, I’m so grateful – been spending lovely time with my grandfather in the past 2 weeks. Thank you for all the compliments, Jordanne <3

4. Rachel October 6, 2017 / 7:28 pm

Sounds like a great birthday! X

5. Dana October 7, 2017 / 4:29 am

Happy (late) birthday! I agree it’s crazy how fast time flies sometimes. But this post was so sweet – I’m glad your grandfather got to come visit you and your family! Also the photos on your blog are fantastic!
    xDana

• captaineverland October 12, 2017 / 4:55 pm

Thank you! Time goes by especially quick when we’re spending it with the loved ones. But yes, I’m happy that my grandfather got to visit me and my family here still. Thank you for the compliment! 😀 x