Ramadan’s Here Again!

I remember when I was in school, my non-Muslim friends often asked me silly questions about fasting. Well I figured they were just clueless, but then they asked again the next year and the next year, with the same blooming (I can’t curse) questions!

Thankfully, Ramadan taught me patience.

Fasting month is a blessing month for us Muslims. It’s the time where we reflect and re-evaluate ourselves as a Muslim; being kind and doing good deeds are on top of the list. Supposedly at the same time, it would teach us to refrain ourselves from hating, cursing or doing any other dreadful sins.

Fasting is also to remind us the suffering of the less fortunate; giving donations and feeding the hungry are also two of the favourite things to do during Ramadan.

IMG_5168

Few days ago, I stumbled upon The Date Project on Instagram and it took me less than ten minutes to order three tins of Medjool (the yummiest) dates – because it’s for an absolute good cause and most importantly ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of the profits will go to those in need in Palestine, Syria and Pakistan.

There are 4 tins (each contains 1kg of Medjool dates):

• Dates4Orphans – provides education and opportunity for an orphan
  • Dates4Syria – Provides 50 loaves of bread
  • Dates4Palestine – Provides 500 litres of water
  • Dates4Pakistan – Helps restore eyesight

And they are only £10 each (100% donation). If anyone interested, you may order them here. (I’m not being sponsored by the way, just doing this for my own happiness.)

IMG_5169Ramadan card (each box gets one) designed by Syrian orphans. So cute.

IMG_5154Last but not least, I just wanted to wish Ramadan Mubarak/Selamat Berpuasa to all my fellow Muslims readers! May your prayers be answered, and may you be blessed with joy and peace throughout the month, InshaAllah.

Thank you for reading this post.

Lots of love,

1. October's Lallu May 17, 2018 / 5:12 pm

Such a beautiful post, my love! Ramadan Kareem. Sending much love to you & your family <3

• captaineverland May 17, 2018 / 5:19 pm

Thank you, hun. Same goes to you! Ramadan Kareem 😘

2. Rainbow imagine May 17, 2018 / 5:30 pm

Lovely post hun. It is so important to do those good deeds and I think the ramadam is making people conscious of it too. I did fast for one day with classmates out of respect for those who were participating in it. I try to do kind things for other people every day. even when someone is not always friendly with me, i realize that even these people are the ones that need it most. Huge amount of respect for you 🙂

• captaineverland May 25, 2018 / 10:29 pm

Aww, it’s nice of you to joined in as well. However the world turns out to be, being nice and doing good deeds are not going to make us lose anything really. Thank you for you lovely comment hun! ❤️ xx

3. Melanie Fraser May 17, 2018 / 6:03 pm

These tins are so cute and I am a huge fan of dates so I will be sure to check them out! It’s wonderful that they donate all of their profit to help others. I must admit my knowledge of Ramadan is limit so that you for sharing such an informative post.

Melanie | http://www.frasersfunhouse.com

• captaineverland May 25, 2018 / 10:32 pm

The tins are! Thank you for your interest, and I’m glad this post of mine gave you a bit of knowledge on Ramadan as well. Thank you Melanie! 🙂 xx

4. Bexa May 17, 2018 / 6:13 pm

The Date Project is such a fantastic idea, so many worthwhile causes to help others in need. The Ramadan card designed by Syrian orphans is super cute too, what an extra special touch. Thank you for sharing this post Ain and hope you have a wonderful month 💖 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

• captaineverland May 25, 2018 / 10:35 pm

It is! And I’m so happy the fact that they donate 100% of the profits as well. It’s my pleasure, and thank you for your lovely comment, Bexa! ❤️ xx

5. glowsteady May 17, 2018 / 9:52 pm

Such a beautiful post! And The Date Project sounds like such a wonderful idea with an amazing cause so thank you for bringing that to our attention. I had a Muslim friend in college who taught me a lot about Ramadan and the fasting process and I have so much respect for those who take part, especially when everyone around you is eating alllll the time. I hope you have a wonderful month x

Sophie

• captaineverland May 25, 2018 / 10:39 pm

It is definitely a wonderful idea, and the fact that they donate 100% of their profits is making me want to participate again and again! Aww thank you so much Sophie, for your lovely comment! ❤️ xx

6. hudapervez May 18, 2018 / 5:33 pm

Omg what a great initiative, I absolutely love the idea behind this and those date tins are too cute! Ramadan Kareem to you! 💗

• captaineverland May 25, 2018 / 10:46 pm

Yesss, and those tins are! Thank you Huda! ❤️ xx

7. Nadiaizzaty June 6, 2018 / 5:37 pm

Salam Ramadhan , Ain

Love the tin 😍😍

• captaineverland June 7, 2018 / 10:46 pm

Salam Ramadhan, Nadia! Same here, even the tin alone is beautiful! ❤️

8. lifeofshar June 21, 2018 / 7:42 pm

such lovely tins and I love that the profit is going to such an important cause!! x