The Royal Wedding 2018; How Involved Were You?

I was at work, the first time I heard about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s engagement; it was December last year. When they had announced their wedding date, 19th of May 2018 felt ages away then. Now they’re husband and wife. Goodness, where did the time go?

Anyway, I was at Windsor Castle last Saturday when the most awaited royal wedding happened. It wasn’t a proper plan, but my family and I happened to be staying half an hour away from Windsor that weekend. That Saturday morning when I turned on the TV, we were all still in our PJs in the room as we watched the wedding being broadcasted. I just had to get ready and decided to go because it would be a huge missed not to.

IMG_5172My sister and I arrived right on time (thanks Dad for dropping us) when the Duke and Duchess of Sussex came out of the chapel on a horse carriage, but sadly, we were a bit too short to see them. *sighs*

Untitled-2.jpgBut this is a screenshot I got from the video that my sister took (credit to her achy right arm). Well, at least her camera witnessed the royal couple.

IMG_7605Of course then, there were marching bands.

As it get too crowded, we decided to move along. It was also a very sunny day at 22 degrees.

IMG_7616 copyA lot of freebies were given away that day. We got balloons and M&S shopping bag.

IMG_7625 copyWhile I took pictures of my sister, a nice lady came to me asking if we want a picture together? Of course I said yes. She was holding a flute of champagne at the time so she called out her son to hold it for her. But then her son offered to take our picture instead. Thank God he took two, I look funny in the other one. It was so nice of them, we appreciated it so much.Β #thankyoustrangers

IMG_5181 copyWe then made our way to the Long Walk (to take pictures with a nice backdrop of the castle was all in my mind at the time, since we missed out the couple on their horse carriage).

IMG_5182 copyIMG_5188 copyIMG_5184 copyIMG_5209 copyIMG_5212 copyIMG_5248 copyIMG_5267 copyIt was definitely a long walk, but such a worthy sight!

IMG_5273 copyIMG_5274 copyFood trucks on both sides all along the way. Some of them definitely tempted our fasting souls, but we managed to fight it somehow (phewww).

IMG_5281 copyIMG_5290 copyFinally, we made it to the gate! Well, that’s that. Unless we got invited into the castle, I think I like the sight better when we were just halfway through the Long Walk.

IMG_5300 copy

Anyway, it was a lovely experience to be part of the crowd, celebrating the royal wedding at the exact place it was held at. We were pretty knackered at the end of the day, but looking back through the pictures, I’m glad that we went.

I have heard quite a lot of controversies and read too many opinions regarding to Meghan being made into the royal family. Most Americans and black people are proud of her, but some British don’t think she’s good enough to be part of the British royal family. Well, I’m not a royal, nor am I a British, but I personally like Meghan. I think both Prince Harry and Meghan were lucky to have found each other. They’re both so independent and quite a rebel each in their own way, but we can tell they love each other very much – and I think that’s all that matters. Congratulations to both of them and I hope their marriage will last for as long as they both shall live!

My favourite bits from the wedding:

• Meghan’s veil. *hearts eyes all over*
  • When Prince Charles walked Meghan down the aisle. It was just a really heartwarming sight.
  • When Prince Harry said “Hi” to his bride after he struggled to open her veil. Aha, cute.
  • The way they looked at each other. Urgh.
  • The fact that Princess Diana’s favourite flowers were included in Meghan’s bouquet.

princess-charlotte-1526740610.jpgAlso, I just really adore Princess Charlotte (most adorable princess yet).

_101665450_pa-36630075.jpgAnd how cute is this picture?

How about you? How involved were you in the Royal Wedding? Do you like the couple or do you think the whole thing was just a big of a hype?

Thank you for reading this post!

May you have happy thoughts always,

P.S The last two picture were found on Google. All credits to the rightful owner, of course.

1. Hello Bexa May 24, 2018 / 4:28 pm

It looks like you had a wonderful day and you took stunning photos! It was so kind of the lady to take a photo of you and your sister, it’s a lovely picture! πŸ’– I think Meghan and Harry make a very sweet couple. Thank you for sharing your day Ain 😘 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

2. Sakshi Raina May 24, 2018 / 4:37 pm

These photos are gorgeous! I love this post because it gives me a different perspective of the wedding. The one, straight from the viewers eye, something that was so different from what the media showed us. Thank you for sharing!

3. Jasmin N May 24, 2018 / 4:52 pm

Sounds like you had such a lovely time out there! I was at home, watching it from TV. It was such a beautiful wedding!

4. Melanie Fraser May 24, 2018 / 6:20 pm

Before the day I wasn’t overly bothered about watching it but I couldn’t resist on the day and it was beautiful from start to finish . They are obviously head over heels in loveπŸ˜ƒ great post, your pictures are fabulous.

Melanie | http://www.frasersfunhouse.com

5. lovecally May 24, 2018 / 6:26 pm

Wow I can’t believe you went! It looks like you had such a lovely time there, the photos are so lovely. I bet the atmosphere was amazing!
    Love, Cally x

6. Sara May 24, 2018 / 7:42 pm

It looks like you had a lovely day and so jealous that you went! I’m a sucker for a royal wedding! All the photos are so lovely!

7. glowsteady May 24, 2018 / 10:53 pm

It looks like you had a great day! It was so nice for the crowd (and couple) that it was a good day weather wise. I was not that involved, I saw a little on TV and that’s about it x

Sophie

8. sunkissedscribbles May 25, 2018 / 7:59 pm

Aww lucky you to be in the crowd. I think I would have done the same if I was that close to the venue. Looks like you had a lovely time. Harry is my favourite Royal and I like Meghan but I have to admit I didn’t see any of the wedding as I was out. I might watch it over the weekend. I did however buy a commemorative mug and tin of biscuits from M&S πŸ˜†

9. Kat May 25, 2018 / 10:13 pm

What a fun day it must have been! So exciting! And yes, Princess Charlotte is adorable and the spitting image of the Queen. 😁

10. Nancy May 27, 2018 / 5:31 pm

It’s so cool that your sister got to see the royal wedding in person! Wow, the crowd was real! I really like how everyone was out there to celebrate the wedding. I’ve heard so many controversies and it’s sad to see people being unaccepting because she’s of a different race, had a previous marriage, and whatever. Love is love, right? πŸ™‚

Nancy β™₯ exquisitely.me

11. hudapervez May 29, 2018 / 10:26 pm

So awesome that you got go out and experience the entire thing! Princess Charlotte is seriously the cutest, that part when she was waving at the crowd! 😭
    Really enjoyed reading this! xx

12. Nadiaizzaty June 6, 2018 / 5:46 pm

So lucky of you have an experience witnessed the royal wedding live . Hihi.

I love Kate more but I can see that Prince Harry and Meghan totallly love each other from their heart. Especially when they look into each other eyes . Arghhh~ love is in the air.

True people said , cinta itu buta. Jodoh itu rahsia Tuhan . Meghan is just an ordinary person but Prince Harry see something special in Meghan . 😍😍 . So, makes their love story so beautiful as well as their wedding .

Love love love it .